Moving to Scottsdale this year?
Have you ever been to Scottsdale? Let us paint you a picture of the picturesque town that is often referred to as the most outstanding urban center in Arizona.
Located in the center of Arizona, the beautiful sun-kissed city of Scottsdale is home to over 90 restaurants, 80 art galleries, and 320 retail outlets. It is nestled at the foot of the prominent McDowell mountains and is home to over 250,00 people. Little wonder why moving to Scottsdale is at the top of so many bucket lists.
In this article, we will cover:
• Everything you will need to know about moving to Scottsdale
• What to know before moving to Scottsdale Az, and
• Moving to Scottsdale Arizona pros and cons
That said, let’s dive in.
What to know before moving to Scottsdale Az
1. A rustic feel:
Scottsdale is not referred to as the west’s most western town for no reason. All through the town, there are monuments to the era of the old west and the town generally gives off a rustic (albeit modern) vibe.
2. The social scene:
Being home to the highest number of luxury and destination spas in the U.S, Scottsdale Arizona attracts a variety of tourists who take interest in its bustling nightclubs, restaurants, bars, and luxury shopping destinations. We bet you thought hiking was the only thing you could do in Arizona.
3. There’s always something to do:
The rocky landscape and warm weather make Scottsdale the perfect destination for some outdoor action. Here, you can go hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, mountain biking, etcetera. There’s really no excuse to stay indoors and inactive.
4. An art paradise:
If you’re an artist, lover of art, or an art collector, then Scottsdale will naturally feel like home to you. Home to a combination of more than 125 art galleries and studios, the art scene in this city is bustling! The city also hosts the Scottsdale Arts Festival, an annual event that has been ranked the #1 art event in the whole of the country.
5. Pets and wildlife:
Perhaps due to the city’s strategic location, it is home to a variety of pets and wildlife, and the people of Scottsdale sure love their animals too. Home to one of the largest wildlife sanctuaries and the most impressive dog park you’ve probably ever seen, this city is a haven for animal lovers.
Moving to Scottsdale Arizona pros and cons
We’ll begin with the benefits.
Pros of moving to Scottsdale Arizona
1. Arizona provides the perfect weather for outdoor activities. The city is warm and inviting.
2. There is a growing job industry, especially in mining and tech.
3. Housing prices may be among the most favorable you will find in the United States.
4. The picturesque landscape and views of the city give you something to look at.
5. Arizona is a hub of fun and exciting activities.
6. There are middle to high-end housing options available.
Cons of moving to Scottsdale Arizona
1. Summers can get scorching.
2. You will run into problems with finding a place of residence if you are unfamiliar with the area, or do not have a good real estate agent.
3. The city is teeming with wildlife such as snakes, spiders, and scorpions.
4. The city is largely a driver’s town, making it hard for individuals who do not own cars to navigate.
5. Being a top tourist destination, popular places in the city tend to get rowdy, especially during tourist season.
Regardless, moving to Scottsdale is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. The city provides a conducive environment for both individuals and families to thrive.